Documenting Tallowmere as she grows into something beautiful.
Want to experience the changes? Download the latest version.
22 March 2017 – Version 343.3
- French: Fixed an issue with one of the outfit names.
- Android: Added support for the GameSir G4s controller.
16 March 2017 – Version 343.2
14 March 2017 – Version 343.1
- Tutorial text now wraps if sentence is too long to fit on one line.
- Fixed some minor translation text issues.
12 March 2017 – Version 343
- Updated to Unity 5.4.4p3.
- Added French. Translated by Christophe Braguy.
- Upon first run, Tallowmere now attempts to automatically select your system language (if available) rather than defaulting to English.
- On the main menu, added a “Save Game” item explaining how the saving system works:
- Your game is automatically saved when you reach a new room.
- Your save file is loaded whenever Tallowmere starts.
- Your save file will be deleted if you die.
- Linux: Fixed an issue where the game would not pause if the game lost focus.
- Linux: Fixed an issue where the cursor would remain locked to the game window if the game lost focus.
- Android: Added support for the 8Bitdo FC30 Pro and 8Bitdo NES30 Pro controllers.
18 February 2017 – Version 342
- Added Polish (Polski). Translated by Maciej Ułanowicz.
- Added Spanish (Español). Translated by Jose M. Gaspar.
- Updated the InControl controller plugin from v1.5.12 to v1.6.9:
- Added support for Sony DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Adapter.
- Added support for newer PlayStation 4 controller.
- Added support for Xbox One S controller on Windows 10.
- Added support for Xbox One controller changes in Windows 10 anniversary edition.
- Added support for SteelSeries Stratus XL on Windows.
- Added support for PlayStation 4 Steam Link on Mac.
- Added additional controllers supported by 360Controller 0.16.4 on Mac.
- Fixed D-Pad mappings for Xbox One controllers on Windows 10.
- Android: Added improved SteelSeries Stratus XL support.
29 December 2016 – Version 340.8
- Updated to Unity 5.4.3f1.
- Fixed a Local Co-op and Keyboard Co-op issue where the inventory screen would sometimes switch to the wrong player when pressing Esc.
- Android: Added support for the DroidBOX GPD XD PlayON controller.
- Android: Hopefully resolved a rare Unity-related crash.
2 December 2016 – Version 340.7
- The Steam monthly leaderboard ID is now retrieved from Tallowmere's web server.
- The Steam monthly leaderboard for December 2016 is now live.
27 November 2016 – Version 340.6
- Reduced the minimum iOS version to 8.1.
17 November 2016 – Version 340.5
- Fixed an issue where gib collisions were not creating blood splats.
- Android: Added support for the GameSir G3s controller.
10 November 2016 – Version 340.4
- Fixed an issue from v340.3 where Steam leaderboards and achievements were not being activated, and savefile locations were incorrect. This was due to human error on my part. I will add some checks and alerts to my build process to ensure this doesn't happen again.
If you were using Windows with v340.3, savefiles would have been accidentally saved to:
If desired, please copy any savefiles to the correct directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tallowmere
9 November 2016 – Version 340.3
- Selecting a language now applies the language and restarts Tallowmere immediately.
My apologies for the ~14 MB download size; it seems Unity 5.4 likes to repack the sprites every update.
7 November 2016 – Version 340.2
- Settings are now saved immediately after selecting a language.
- Android: Fixed the Back and Confirm button text being off-centered.
2 November 2016 – Version 340.1
- Steam: Fixed the title screen not looking in the correct directory for the SavedSettings file.
2 November 2016 – Version 340
Tallowmere: Now available in Simplified Chinese (简体中文)
Lady Tallowmere and her friends have learned to speak Simplified Chinese (简体中文), with thanks to Kai Shao.
New & Updated:
- Tallowmere is now built with Unity 5.4.2f1.
- Added internal support for multiple languages. For details about translating Tallowmere, please read the Localisation Support thread. The default language is English. Please note that weapons and loot acquired prior to v340 may retain their English names even if you change the language.
- Added Simplified Chinese (简体中文) as a selectable language. Translated by Kai Shao. Available in-game under Main Menu> Options> Languages.
- Updated the Steam monthly leaderboard to November 2016.
- In singleplayer, the weapon info box in the top-left corner no longer fades out.
- Added a slight glow around each Acid Trap skull.
- Converted the Tips & Tricks section to read data from local language files instead of requesting a file from Tallowmere's web server.
- Tamed the screen shake to be slightly smoother and less jarring for the shake duration.
- Fixed +Spiked Club Damage not being included in the loot rolls.
- Fixed an issue where +Base Damage numbers on new weapons were being rolled too low after loading a saved game.
- Fixed the Tips & Tricks section sometimes saying there was 1 new tip if you had read them all.
- Fixed screen tearing on Linux.
- Fixed mouse cursor showing erroneously on Linux. The cursor is now hidden and locked to the game window from the start. Opening the main menu by pressing Esc will release the cursor so you can click elsewhere on your desktop. Resuming the game will lock the cursor to the game again.
27 August 2016 – Version 340 Beta 2
- Converted the Tips & Tricks section to read data from local langauge files instead of requesting a file from Tallowmere's web server.
- Added translator names within the Options > Language section.
- Optimised the High Scores GUI column headers for translation.
25 August 2016 – Version 340 Beta 1a
This update adds the ability for Tallowmere to support multiple languages!
Changes (currently for the Steam beta branch):
- Tallowmere is now built with Unity 5.4.0f3.
- Added support for multiple languages. If you'd like to translate Tallowmere to your language, please visit tallowmere.com/translate.
- Added a slight glow around each Acid Trap.
- Fixed screen tearing on Ubuntu/Linux.
1 August 2016 – Version 334.13
- The Steam monthly leaderboard for August 2016 is now live.
Adjusted Tallowmere's code to not require a whole new build and version each month for the monthly leaderboards.
Monthly leaderboards will still continue, but version numbers will not need to be increased each month (unless there's something else that has been updated).
I will continue to post leaderboard links in the announcements.
3 July 2016 – Version 334.12
- Fixed an audio crackling issue from 334.11.
1 July 2016 – Version 334.11
- Enabled the Steam monthly leaderboard for July 2016.
24 June 2016 – Version 334.10
- Added support for PlayStation 4 controller for Sony Xperia Z5 via Bluetooth.
22 June 2016 – Version 334.9
iPhone, iPad, and Android:
- iPhone, iPad, Android: Added Static Movement buttons as an optional movement type. Available under Main Menu> Options> Input Options> Movement Type.
- iPhone, iPad: Fixed an issue from 334.8 where body parts were not leaving bloodsplats when colliding with blocks if blood was enabled.
- iPhone, iPad: Fixed an MFi controller issue from 334.8 where, after dying, you had to press the A button twice instead of once to return home.
11 June 2016 – Version 334.8
- Enabled the Shrine update on iPhone and iPad.
- Added an option to disable blood. Available under Main Menu > Game Options > Blood.
I created this blood-free option because Apple required me to have my screenshots and app preview videos be blood-free before they'd approve the build. The game is still bloody by default :)
1 June 2016 – Version 334.7
- The Steam leaderboard for June 2016 is now live.
- Improved Feeler AI to ensure they keep flying around.
- Fixed music tracks not looping in certain event rooms.
8 May 2016 – Version 334.6
7 May 2016 – Version 334.5
Android requirement changes:
For the Steam DLC
and DRM-free Android versions:
- OpenGL ES 2.0 is now the minimum requirement instead of OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Changed the default texture compression to ETC instead of ETC2.
These changes should resolve the pink screen issue some users were having.
The Google Play Store version
will keep the requirement of OpenGL ES 3.0 for now.
5 May 2016 – Version 334.4
2 May 2016 – Version 334.3
15 April 2016 – Version 334.2
- Android: Enabled the 32-bit Display Buffer to resolve black screen issues on certain devices.
8 April 2016 – Version 334.1
- Manually selecting an Xbox or PlayStation controller from the Device Types list no longer automatically sets Automatic Device Selection to On.
- Fixed Nvidia Shield controller not working correctly on Windows 8.1.
- Added Dev Console command: show controller names
1 April 2016 – Version 334
Fire, ice, and everything nice. Lady Tallowmere has delivered 6 new shrines to her dungeon for you to discover.
Most rooms now have a 30% chance to contain a shrine, with a smaller chance that two shrines may appear. Shrines won't appear in boss rooms.
Shrine of Power
Applies a double damage effect to your weapons. Lasts 60 seconds.
Shrine of Swiftness
Increases your movement speed. Lasts 60 seconds.
Shrine of Wealth
Grants extra coins from enemies. Lasts 60 seconds.
Shrine of Regeneration
Grants you increased health regeneration. Lasts 60 seconds.
Shrine of Chilling
Gives your weapons an icy touch. Lasts 60 seconds.
Shrine of Fire
Ignites your weapons with fire. Lasts 60 seconds.
Activating a shrine will apply a visual effect to your hero and/or weapons for the duration.
Fiery Ice Wands? Icy Katanas? Double Damage Rocket Launchers? The power can be yours – if you're lucky.
Dev console commands:
- Bloats and Zaeries that are chilled when they die will now chill nearby enemies that are hit in their death explosion.
- Bloats and Zaeries that are on fire when they die will now ignite nearby enemies that are hit in their death explosion.
If you'd like to cheat and spawn a shrine immediately, you can open the Dev Console
by pressing the ~ key and type:
- spawn double damage shrine
- spawn haste shrine
- spawn wealth shrine
- spawn health regen shrine
- spawn cold shrine
- spawn fire shrine
The Steam leaderboard for April 2016
is now live.
View the changelog archives
for older version notes dating back to February 2014.